Monday, November 4, 2013

"In our living room we have a whole shelf devoted to the visual history of our family...There is Kate with hair and Kate all bald; one of Kate as a baby sitting on Jesse's lap; one of my mother holding each of them on the edge of a pool. There are pictures of me, too, but not many. I go from infant to about ten years in one fell swoop.
Maybe it's because i was the third child, and they were sick and tired of keeping a catalog of life. Maybe it's because they forgot." 


This quote really stuck out to me as I was reading. I started to think that Anna was feeling a little unloved since Kate had to get all of the medical treatment, but I didn't think it would get this serious. It got me thinking how parents could sometime forget about the other child, unintentionally, if the other one is sick or in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment