Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"I didn't sleep that night. Damn was slow in coming, and even when it did, the sun shining bright through the blinds, the rickety radiator couldn't keep us warm, so the Colonel and I sat wordlessly on the couch. He read the almanac. The night before, I'd braved the cold to call my parents, and this time when I said, 'Hey, it's Miles,' and my mom answered with, 'What's wrong? Is everything okay?' I could safely tell her no, everything was not okay. My dad picked up the phone then."

In this section of Looking for Alaska, Pudge (Miles) is going through struggles. Something tragic happened to him and the whole school just two days before and he isn't really handeling it that well. He already was struggling a bit just adjusting to the new school, but then this event occured and it all changed. If you want to kmow what happened, read the book to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment